Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
It is important that you consult an attorney immediately if you suspect that your loved one may be a victim of nursing home abuse or neglect. Our attorneys are standing by to evaluate your case now. Call (844) HAUG LAW to speak with us or click here.
At the law firm of Haug Law Group, LLC, we know that elder abuse can come in many different forms. A recent study suggests that only 1 in 14 cases of nursing home abuse or neglect is reported, and these statistics are even more upsetting when isolated to patients suffering from mental disabilities.
Possible forms of nursing home abuse include:
- Physical abuse by a caregiver may be used to coerce or inflict bodily harm, or to willfully deprive a resident of essentials such as food, water and medication.
- Emotional abuse includes harassment or intimidation that causes mental anguish or isolation, diminishing a resident’s dignity.
- Sexual abuse occurs more often than one might expect. Any sexual act of which the victim does not have full knowledge or does not give full consent is abusive.
- Financial abuse or exploitation can also occur. Staff members may use trickery to extract finances from your loved one, or may be stealing from them while remaining undetected.
- General neglect occurs when a caregiver refuses to perform essential duties to the extent that it harms or threatens an older or disabled adult.
- Inadequate fall interventions can cause your loved one to suffer serious injuries from a fall that could have been prevented.
- Under staffing or inadequate maintenance can occur as budgets tighten. Unfortunately, this may mean that your loved one is living in a facility that cannot meet the needs of its residents.
How We Help:
- Nursing home abuse and neglect in Georgia is on the rise. There are an array of factors that may contribute to your loved one being the recipient of less than adequate care in one of Georgia’s nursing homes or elder care facilities.
- We provide experienced legal representation as one of Atlanta’s most trusted law firms. We offer free consultations and claim evaluations to those who suspect that inadequate care has caused their loved one to suffer a serious injury or wrongful death.